Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tasting - Canyon Road Chardonnay



Name: Canyon Road Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Medium-bodied wine with notes of crisp apple and ripe citrus fruit with a hint of cinnamon spice. Delicious complement to grilled chicken, lighter pasta dishes or mild cheese.

My Review: On the nose, this wine smelt of pears and slightly of grapefruit. The wine had a slight fizz to it, which means that all of the carbon dioxide wasn't fermented out of it. I thought the fizz added to the freshness of the Chardonnay since it was only slightly oaked. I definitely got a hint of butter in it, which alluded to the oaking. The wine had a slight bite to it, but I think it would have been mellowed out if I had food with this wine. Overall I would definitely have this wine again.
I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment