Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting - Fortediga Vermentino


Name: Fortediga Vermentino
Variety: Vermentino
Sub-region: Maremma
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $9.95

Vintage Cellar review: "Clear yellow in color. The aromas are lifted with pleasant hints of pear and green apple. The fresh, smooth flavors on the entry persist, the structure is fine and balances well with the fruit."

My review: The smell of the wine was a bit musky and not very sweet. On the tongue, the wine was a little dry, but not painfully so. I didn't really get the fruity flavor of it until the finish, but I definitely got some pear in the flavor, though not a sweet pear. For a white wine, this also tasted like it had a fair amount of alcohol in it, which I didn't love paired with the acidic taste. Overall, I'm unimpressed with the wine, but it wasn't terrible. 
I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment