Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tasting - Montebuena



Name
: Montebuena
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95

Vintage Cellar Review: 100% Tempranillo. Ripe cherry an black currant on the nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip. Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; its an excellent value for Rioja.

My Review: On the nose for this wine, I got the intense scent of ripe, juicy strawberries. The smell overall for this wine was pretty sweet. Surprisingly, the smell was fairly deceiving to the taste of this wine. I thought it tasted of green pepper and spice. The wine had a slight heat with the alcohol, but I thought it was overall a well-balanced wine. I actually enjoyed this wine so I would consider having it again.
I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment