Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tasting - Maipe Malbec Rose



Name
: Maipe Malbec Rose
Variety: Malbec
Sub-region: Mendoza
Region: Cuyo
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Intense pink color with violet hints. Fresh red fruit bouquet,
strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and lingering
finish. Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, spicy Asian
dishes.

My Review: On the nose, this wine had a big strawberry smell. This is balanced with a light pear scent as well, with a little spice. On the tongue, the spice is widely intensified. The wine is also dry and fairly alcoholic. The taste of strawberry is fairly apparent as well. I did appreciate the strawberries in this wine because it's one of my favorite fruits. Although I'm not a big fan of spice in wine, but I thought it added an interesting depth to this wine. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy this wine for myself, but I wouldn't mind drinking it again.
I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment