Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting - Cascina Gilli Bonarda

Name: Cascina Gilli Bonarda
Variety: Bonarda
Region: Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: 2007
Price: $11.95

Vintage Cellar review: "Nose of red berry fruit enriched by nuances of spice, subtle but recognizable. the slight effervescence of Moye increases the appeal of its palate, bringing out its freshness without compromising its complexity. served chilled, it is wonderful with marinates and stews, or with Piedmont's traditional fritto misto."
My review: On the nose, this wine smelled like pure alcohol. Maybe not to the level of a liquor, but not far off. As much as the Vintage Cellar bragged about this wine in their review, I didn't personally find much complexity in this wine. The wine was harshly tannic, but the alcohol didn't hit my taste buds as hard I thought when smelling it. I was definitely not a fan of this win, however.
I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment