Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting - Joseph Carr Pinot Noir


Name: Joseph Carr Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Sonoma Coast
Country: California
Year: 2007
Price: $9.95

Vintage Cellar review: "Ever-elusive, our Central Coast Pinot Noir offers cherry, and dark wild raspberry in both the bouquet and the taste. I also find aromatic violets, tea, strawberry seed, and hints of mushroom. The wine shows very good structure with balanced, yet approachable tannin."

My review: The smell of this wine was very vegetal and earthy to me. I definitely see where the Vintage Cellar got the idea of it having a mushroom in the flavor because I got the same thing from it, arising out of the earthy taste. I didn't get any fruit at all from this wine neither in the taste nor the smell. This may be a stretch, but I think I got a flavor of rotten broccoli in the taste as well. I haven't tasted rotten broccoli, but the flavor in the wine is what I imagine it would taste like. Overall, it was an interesting wine, but not one that I would go out of my way to try again.
I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment