Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tasting - Domaine de Grange de Payan



Name
: Domaine de Grange de Payan
Variety: Majority Grenache
Region: Cotes du Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Intensely spicy and precise, with lively red berry flavors and a hint
of black pepper. The Grenache, which makes up the majority of the
wine, is deeper and more powerful, offering cherry and black
raspberry qualities lifted by zesty minerality.

My Review: This wine was also fairly peppery on the nose, with a hint of sour cherries as well. This wine was definitely intense on the tongue. Part of it came from the tannins in it. This wine was also very earthy tasting. I was really excited about tasting this wine since it was a Cotes du Rhone, which was given some hype in class. However, when I actually tasted it I was pretty disappointed. Though the wine was intense on the tongue, I didn't personally feel that it lived up to expectations. I didn't feel like it had much complexity to it and didn't have many layers to the flavor. I really struggled to find any description for it at all. Overall, this was not a wine I would have again.
I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment