Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting - J.P. Chenet Dry Rose Sparkling


Name: J.P. Chenet Dry Rose Sparkling
Variety: Bobal
Region: Roussillon
Country: France
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95

Vintage Cellar review: "Intense and fine, dominated by notes of red berries. The combination of fine bubbles and delicate aromas makes this a delightfully light and silky rose. Aromas in the mouth evoke red berries, cherries, strawberries: mellow and well-balanced."

My review: I was surprised to find that this wine was dry and not as fruity as I'm used to in both sparkling wines and roses. I thought the smell was pretty woody, with a hint of strawberries. The fruit was not powerful at all in this wine, though. I did, however, note that the taste of the wine had a floral finish. Overall, it was a decent wine that I wouldn't mind having again.
I did not have food when tasting this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment