Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado




Name
: Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado
Variety: Sparkling Brut Blend
Region: Granada
Country: Spain
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $3.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Rosé salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that
forms “lace” and “rosary”. In the nose is complex and elegant with
red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry
flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated “perlage”
with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and
lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs.

My Review: On the nose, this wine smelled fairly floral and fresh with a hint of fruit. Paired with the carbonation, I was excited to try this wine. However, I was fairly disappointed with this wine on the palate. It was fairly underwhelming and slightly off-putting. You got a bit of the fruit and flowers on the tongue, but not in a way that I liked. The wine was not very fresh tasting, which didn't pair well with the carbonation. Overall, the wine wasn't terrible, but I probably wouldn't go out and try it again.
I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment