Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tasting - Black Ridge White Zinfandel




Name
: Black Ridge White Zinfandel
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: NV
Price: $3.95

Vintage Cellar Review: This fruit forward White Zinfandel displays fresh aromas and crisp
flavors of strawberry, raspberry, and cherry. It is incredibly food
friendly and will pair well with burgers, sandwiches, fruit salad, and
more.

My Review: Even though Boyer said that White Zinfandel was like the Natty Lite of wine, I really love White Zin, so I was excited that they had this as part of the tasting today. I love it for its consistently good taste. This version of White Zin definitely didn't disappoint. The nose had a lot of strawberries on it. It was also a little grapey. This was unique from other White Zins that I've had color-wise because it was more of an amber brown than its typical deep pink color. The taste had lots of strawberries as well with a little floral hint to it. It tasted clean and well-balanced.  I was surprised to find the alcohol percentage to be 11.5% on this wine, which is quite high for White Zin. Overall, this was a very decent White Zin and I would definitely have it again. Since it was so cheap, I bought a bottle with.
I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment