Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tasting - Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele



Name
: Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: NV
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Named after the famous restaurant in Italy! This is their house
white wine! Coppery color from extended skin contact, round and
rich texture with juicy melon aromas and flavors with a sweet
fennel note on the ultra smooth finish. Great value Grigio! Drink
now.

My Review: On the nose, this wine was very fresh, smelling of pears and green apples. It had a hint of acidity, but for the most part it smelt sweet. On the palate, the sweetness remained, but I was surprised that it had almost of buttery taste to it. This typically would indicate that it had undergone some oaking, but I'm not sure if it's possible to oak Pinot Grigio? For a white wine, this actually had a lot of depth to the flavor, as if layers and layers of new flavors kept being revealed. The sweet pears were also still very apparent on the tongue as well. Overall, I really liked this wine and would have bought it if I had any money to spare.
I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment