Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tasting - Caprice de Bastor Lamontagne



Name
: Caprice de Bastor Lamontagne
Variety: 60% Semillon, 36% Sauvignon Blanc, 4% Muscadelle
Region: Sauternes
Country: France
Year: 2004
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Very clean, with lemon, mineral and honey aromas that follow
through to a medium body. Shows vanilla, apple and melon flavors,
with a medium finish. Lightly sweet.

My Review: This was surprisingly my least favorite wine of the bunch. When I heard it was a dessert wine, I was excited to try it since I love sweeter wines. On the nose however, the wine was not really appealing. It smelled a little like apples that were past their peak, like the kind that have brown spots all over them. There was a bit of lemon, which made the smell worse simply because I don't think apples and lemons make a good combination together. On the tongue, this wine had the slightest carbonation. It was definitely sweet, as dessert wines tend to be. The flavors were overly sweet honey, and the rotten apple with lemon juice squeezed all over it. Overall, this wine was not for me and I definitely wouldn't have it again.
I did not have food paired with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment