Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tasting - Chandon Sweet Cuvee


Name
: Chandon Sweet Cuvee
Variety
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: NV
Price: $9.95

Vintage Cellar Review: This wine is an innovative sparkling wine style revealing vibrant
stone fruit and floral aromas with rich, luscious mouthfeel. This
wine enlivens the senses and sparks spontaneous moments,
complementing your passion for a good life.

My Review: The color was interesting because it was a deep amber, rather than a shade of red. As this was a sparkling wine, I was excited to try it because I love sparkling wines. There was a bit of grapefruit on the nose, but other than that, this wine didn't have much smell to it, which was disappointing. The taste was definitely interesting though because it wasn't sweet in the way I expected. It had a taste like fresh cut grass with a touch of white pepper, which is an interesting pairing with a sweet wine. It also had a bit of grapefruit on the palate as well. Overall I actually liked the wine for it's interesting flavor. If it had been a little cheaper, I would've bought it.
I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment