Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - Cresta Azul




Name
: Cresta Azul
Variety: blend of Moscatel, Macabeo, Parellada, Xarel-lo
Region: Emporada
Country: Spain 
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $5.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Moscatel, Macabeo, Parellada, Xarel-lo
Peach, orange cream and vanilla flavors mingle in this softly
bubbly white. Off-dry, but with crisp acidity and a clean finish.

My Review: On the nose, this wine was slightly floral with a fresh green apple smell. It had some pears in the scent as well. On the palate, this wine had a slight carbonation that gave it a little extra kick. It tasted fairly floral with a mix of grapefruit and juicy pears. I really liked this wine a lot and would definitely have it again. I liked the wine so much that I bought a bottle of it after the tasting.
I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment