Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - Ruta 22 Malbec




Name
: Ruta 22 Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Patagonia 
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Stout and dense from the beginning, with blackberry and violet
aromas. Despite being a bold and dark Malbec, this is fresh and
composed, with sweet blackberry and cassis flavors. Good on the
finish, with candied fruit and caramel sweetness.

My Review: On the nose, this wine was extremely alcoholic. I couldn't detect any other scents because of how strong the alcohol smelled. Because of this, the taste of the wine was all the more surprising.  It was pretty fruity for not being paired with any food. It tasted of grapes and not-yet ripe blackberries. I wasn't hit by a bunch of heat from the alcohol like I was expecting based on its nose. This speaks highly of how well-balanced this wine it. Overall I would definitely have this wine again and actually bought a bottle of it for myself. I think it was really enjoying this wine that I came to the realization that I am finally a red wine lover.
I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment