Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tasting - Wilson Daniels Merlot



Name
: Wilson Daniels Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: United States
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Made predominantly from Paso Robles grapes, the wine is fullbodied and silky yet robust, with aromas of black cherry and plum
and a palate of blackberry, raspberry and blueberry jam laced with
vanilla and toast

My Review: On the nose, it smelled of not-yet-ripe grapes. There was also some strawberry and I could definitely smell the dryness of this wine. On the palate, this wine was a little woody, almost like dried cigar leaves. This probably means that the wine spent some time in oak barrels, though not more than a month or so I would imagine, since the scent wasn't too overwhelming. The tannins were definitely apparent in this wine but not overwhelming. It also had a tiny bit a blackberry to the flavor. Overall, this wine was decent, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to by it for myself.
I did not have any food paired with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment