Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tasting - Lobetia Chardonnay


Name
: Lobetia Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the
varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. Clean, bright color with
a greenish-yellow tone. On the nose, exotic fruits like pineapple.
Full flavored, fresh, with good acidity in the mouth, it finishes with
tropical fruits

My Review: This wine was very fruity on the nose. There was quite a bit of pineapple scent, as well as pears and light strawberries. On the tongue, the pineapple was definitely apparent. This wine also had an interesting flavor that I couldn't quite pin down. It was also like a fresh-cut grass taste, but very subtle. It was definitely a unique flavor to get out of a white wine, but one that I liked. This Chardonnay was not oaked at all and I could definitely taste the difference. It almost tasted like a completely different grape variety. Overall I would definitely have this wine again, although I don't know that I would pay $11 for it.
I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment