Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tasting - Bricco Dei Tati Rose



Name
: Bricco Dei Tati Rose
Variety: 100% Babera
Region: Piedmont
Country: Italy 
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Fresh with aromas of strawberries, cherries, and rose petals, this
an ideal wine with shellfish, salads, chicken, and appetizers

My Review: On the nose this wine was very sweet. The biggest scent was cherries, but they were sweet to the point of smelling more like maraschino cherries. There was also a hint a strawberry on the back end. Though the sweetness of the smell was a little alarming, the taste was very smooth and not overly sweet at all. It was a very well-balanced sweetness, which I really enjoyed. It tasted smooth and floral. Mixed with the cherry flavor, the wine tasted a lot like how I imagine cherry blossoms would taste. There was a slight tart finish, but the sweetness counteracted well with it. Overall the wine was  very delicious and I bought it because I liked it so much.
I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment