Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting - Dibon Cava

Dibon Cava was the first wine the Vintage Cellar served Thursday. This is a nonvintage wine, with grapes from different years. This comes from the Penedes region of Spain. The grape variety is a mix of Xarel-lo, Parellada, and Macabeo. The Vintage Cellar has this wine priced at $9.95.


The Vintage Cellar's review of this wine states, "Xarel-lo, Parellada and Macabeo. The nose offers regal yeast and richness, while the palate has complexity to prop up apple, citrus and grapefruit flavors. Solid from front to back, with health and freshness."

My own person review of the wine is that it was enjoyable. The smell was sweet and light, like fresh fruit. Personally, I got hints of a peachy smell in it. The taste, however, was not as sweet as I was expecting it to be based on the smell. It was fizzy, which I think is always a nice touch. As a white wine, I was surprised to get a clear grape flavor from it. Overall it's not the best wine I've ever had, but it was definitely decent.

I did not consume any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment