Friday, February 8, 2013

Tasting - Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon

Though this was listed as the second wine on the tasting's itinerary list, the Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon was actually the first wine I sampled Thursday. The Vintage Cellar employee that hosted the tasting said it worked better progression-wise among the other wines. This 2008 wine is from the Southern region of Australia. This wine has a blend of two grape varieties, Chardonnay and Semillon, both of which originated from different areas in France. The Vintage Cellar has this wine bottle priced at $5.95.

As for the Vintage Cellar's review of this Chardonnay Semillon, they stated "Gotham's 2008 Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon is a blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Semillon. It gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot and butterscotch aromas. The medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium-long finish."

For my own personal review of this wine, I thought on the nose it smelled very fruity and open. The taste, however, did not provide the same descriptors. I definitely got the acidity upon first tasting it. It felt like a punch when it first hit my tongue. Other than that, it had a pretty flat, not fruity taste. No substantial flavor descriptions came to mind when drinking it. I didn't mind this wine overall, but it definitely did not "wow" me.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment