Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting - Norton Torrontes

The second wine served at the Vintage Cellar Thursday was Norton Torrontes. This is a 2011 wine from the Cuyo region of Argentina, specifically the sub-region of Mendoz. The grape variety is Torrontes, as indicated in the name. The Vintage Cellar has this wine priced at $5.95.

The Vintage Cellar's review of this wine states, "Greenish yellow with hints of gold, this Torrontés has intense aromas of white peach, rose petal, and jasmine. Norton Torrontés 2011 is pleasant and well balanced on the palate."

For my own personal review of this wine, I didn't really enjoy it. For the smell, there was only slight sweetness with a sharp shot of alcohol that gives it a bite. As for the taste, it wasn't really sweet at all. I got a bit of an earthy taste, but other than that there wasn't much to this wine. It was very bland and I couldn't really detect anything from it. It just tasted kind of like dirty water with alcohol in it, no offense to the winemaker. I would definitely not ever try this wine again.

I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment