Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tasting - Highlander Blush Chateau Morrisette

The fifth wine I sampled on Thursday at The Vintage Cellar's wine tasting was Highlander Blush Chateau Morrisette. This was not the original wine they planned to have us taste on Thursday. They ran out of the Bartenura Moscato Italy 2010, so this took its place. This wine is from the Danville, Virginia region of the United States. There is no year displayed on the wine, but I assume it is from 2013 due to the proximity of the winery to The Vintage Cellar. The Vintage Cellar has this priced at a whopping $3.95. This wine is obviously a mix of white and red grapes, but The Vintage Cellar employee did not note what exact grape varieties were found in the blend and I cannot find it anywhere on the Internet.

As this was not a planned wine on the Vintage Cellar's agenda, they did not have any of their own reviews on this wine available to us.

As for my own personal review on this wine, I thought it was very sweet, which I loved. It tasted almost like juice, I really couldn't detect much alcohol in it at all. Either it was well covered up by the sweetness or the alcohol percentage wasn't very high. Again, my palate is developed enough to know what individual fruits I could taste, but it there were definitely not any citrusy fruits. A surprising taste I discovered hidden under the juiciness was a spice. I'm almost positive it was cinnamon, but I could see nutmeg perhaps fitting in there as well. This was one of my favorite wines from Thursday's wine tasting and I would definitely buy it sometime, not only for its taste, but its very affordable price.

I did not have any food paired with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment