Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tasting - Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau

Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau was the third wine I tried at The Vintage Cellar's wine tasting on Thursday. It is a red wine from the year 2012. This wine is from the Beaujolais region in France. The grape variety for this wine is Gamay. The Vintage Cellar has this bottle of wine priced at $3.95, which is probably the cheapest wine I've ever seen in my life.

The Vintage Cellar's review for this wine states, "Bright and tangy, offering a classic banana note on the nose, with flavors or raspberry, wild strawberry and light spice. Modest finish."

For my own personal review, I would definitely say this is a red wine I could handle. The flavor wasn't as harsh as some of the other reds I've tried. The smell of the wine was a bit flowery to me. Upon tasting it, the wine felt heavy in my mouth, maybe because of its viscosity. I got a lot of fruity flavors from the wine, especially the grape flavor, which came through stronger than the rest. I'm still learning to pick out the different types of fruits among the flavors in wine, so I couldn't name indivdual fruits that I could taste, but I definitely tasted a lot of fruit overall. I also noted a bit of a bite upon first tasting the wine as well, but that may also be because I'm not as used to drinking red wines as I am to drinking white wines. Although I don't normally drink red wines, I would definitely consider drinking this one again. I appreciated its sweet fruitiness.

I did not pair any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment