Friday, February 22, 2013

Tasting - Morada Sangria



Name: Morada Sangria
Variety: Sangria
Region: unavailable
Country: Spain
Year: Non-varietal
Price: $4.95

Vintage Cellar review: Morada Sangria is a traditional Spanish drink made with red wine and citrus extracts. Garnet color and fresh on the palate. Pasteurization preserves the color, aromas and flavors. 7% Alc. It is a very refreshing Sangria with around 85 grams of sugar. Sangria is now one of the hottest items in the beverage industry and it's growing exponentially year to year. Serve well chilled, on its own or with lemonade and slices of fruit like peach, banana or apple.

My review: The nose and tongue with this wine were one and the same. The scent and taste was a lemon-lime, almost like a flat Sprite. On top of that was a Fruity Pebbles cereal flavor, as if they were soaking in the flat Sprite. The sangria was definitely sweet, but not painfully so to me. It was refreshing and fruity, great for a summer drink while sitting out in the sun. If I had the money, I would've bought some for myself.
I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment