Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tasting - Mars and Venus Chardonnay

The second wine I tasted at The Vintage Cellar's wine tasting on Thursday was Mars and Venus Chardonnay. It is a white wine from 2011. The grape variety for this wine is Chardonnay, as displayed in the name of the wine. It is from the Central Valley region of Chile, though it says it comes from Spain on The Vintage Cellar's review of the wine. The Vintage Cellar was selling this bottle of wine for $5.95, another incredibly low price.

The Vintage Cellar's review of this wine states, "A very nice value Chardonnay that comfortably over-delivers vs. its modest price tag. No oak here, just bushels of clean, crisp, Chardonnay apple and stone fruit with a hint of caramelized pineapple. Juicy and clean, this is a mid-weight white that's just perfect for parties or weeknight shipping."

My own personal review for this wine is that I thought it was very delicate in both taste and smell. I didn't think it was bitter at all, which I personally appreciated. I don't like feeling like I was smacked in the mouth with the taste of a wine. Surprisingly, despite it's light taste, it wasn't very fruity to my palate. Even though this wine is fairly delicate, I felt as is the taste lingered in my mouth for a while after swallowing it.

I did not have any food paired with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment