Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting - Domaine de Mirail Cabernet/Merlot Rose

The third wine the Vintage Cellar served at the wine tasting Thursday was Domaine de Mirail. This 2011 is from the Cotes de Gascogne region of France. The grape varieties for this wine are merlot and cabernet sauvignon. The Vintage Cellar has this wine priced at $5.95.


The Vintage Cellar's review of this wine is, "There is a fresh, crisp character to this light rosé. It is eye-watering in its refreshing character, with balancing acidity, smoothing out the edges with a touch of caramel."

As for my own personal review of this wine, There was a slight bite to it on the nose. I thought I got a hint of pear in it as well. As for its taste, it was actually pretty sour, which I guess comes from the acidity. I didn't get any fruitiness or sweetness at all from the taste. I was actually disappointed with trying this wine. I usually really like pink wines, and no, it's not because pink is my favorite color. I just usually really like the blends of red and white wines and this one let me down. Though it wasn't the worst wine I tried that day, it's not one I would want to have again.

I did not have any food when tasting this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment