Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tasting - Sokol Blosser Meditrina

The third wine I tasted Wednesday at the Vintage Cellar was Sokol Blosser Meditrina. It is a 2004 wine from the Oregon region of the United States. This wine is a blend of grape varieties including Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Zinfandel. The Vintage Cellar has this wine bottle priced at $7.95.

The Vintage Cellar's review of this wine states, "It's created from the finest Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Zinfandel. The taste is lush and velvety with expressive notes of raspberry and cherry. It pairs nicely with pasta and anything off the grill."

As for my own review of Meditrina, it definitely had a heavy grape smell, with a hint of ripe strawberry. Upon tasting the wine, it was a little bitter, but I definitely got a strawberry/melon taste behind that first initial bite. As I've said numerous times before, I'm not yet a big red wine drinker. Despite its slight bitterness though, I think this wine was actually pretty good. I would definitely be interested to see if this wine could be made even better by pairing it with the suggested foods listed in the Vintage Cellar's review of it. It may also be a good wine to test with whether it gets better if it sits out for a day or two in a decanter.

I did not have any food while trying this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment